Tuesday, January 16, 2007

"The dollar dances on our ASSES!!"
Sam McPheeters is on myspace. Repeat: SAM MCPHEETERS IS ON MYSPACE. Stop what you're doing and go look. You can come back to this later, or not, it doesn't matter. If you want to continue getting on the McPheeters train, check out the following:

Wrangler Brutes - "Chaos Collides" (from Zulu)
Sam and Joe - "Save the Children" (from the Feer of Smell compilation)

Other good news: Dr. Dog and Bobby Bare, Jr. touring together! This is to me in 2007 what Piebald and Saves the Day might have been in 1999. Yes, that's high praise! Humiliating, cringe-y high praise, but high praise nonetheless. Today's song of the day is this video for "Philip's Head" by Soiled Mattress and the Springs. I guess another song of the day could be "The Seasons Reverse" by Gastr Del Sol, from their album Camoufleur. I've taken up an "if I see a Gastr Del Sol record, I'm buyin' it" policy and it has yet to let me down. What's up, Joan of Arc? Ohhhhh, snap.

No comments :