Friday, January 12, 2007

Don't. Even. Write.
I was just talking about The Breeders' Safari EP the other day, and how I had no idea it existed until a few months ago, when I stumbled upon this sweet Beat-Club-ish video on YouTube. I mail-ordered the shit out of it before the video was even done playing, I think. It was a powerful moment! But yeah, obviously this was still during the Tanya Donnelly-era, although I guess it was at the tail-end of that era, and its got a certain Now We're Even feel to it, at least on "Don't Call Home", but maybe that's just me. You also get the unfuckwithable title track (my top choice if I could only pick one Breeders song to cover), a superb pre-Last Splash version of "Do You Love Me Now?", and a rollicking good-time cover of The Who's "So Sad About Us". Basically this is more proof that The Breeders rule, and confirms my suspicion that EPs kick the shit out of LPs.

The Breeders - "Safari" (from Safari)
The Breeders - "Don't Call Home" (from Safari)

Additionally, the song of the day for today (and maybe everyday from here on out) is Z.A.K.'s remix of Clipse's "Mr. Me Too". I cannot stop listening to it!

No comments :