Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I will break my arm.
I've been rockin' David Bowie's The Man Who Sold The World (aka Bowie's take on the Sabbath-y prog thing) a lot lately, and its pretty sweet. I mean it feels like he's playing with other people's ideas and hasn't quite found his voice yet (this is '72, long floppy hair time), and the lyrics are kind of cheesy, so its hard for me to really love the shit out of it. But I do like the shit out of it. In particular, I've been liking the shit out of "All the Madmen" (even with the flute solo...shit, maybe because of the flute solo) and "She Shook Me Cold"'s last couple minutes. Holy FUCK. Mick Ronson is the shit:

David Bowie - "All the Madmen" (from The Man Who Sold The World)
David Bowie - "She Shook Me Cold" (from The Man Who Sold The World)

Song of the day for yesterday was Ida's "Shrug", from their 2000 release, Will You Find Me. Song of the day for today is The Jesus Lizard's "Monkey Trick", from the almighty Goat. Fuck all that Young Widows bullshit. Runner-up song of the day is Electric Light Orchestra's "Daybreaker". Live performance of the day was Carlos F. singing "Hakuna Matata"(sp?). Thing-said-by-my-mom of the day was "Pomegranates--those are like love machines, aren't they?" Phone call of the day is "Eddie Money".

No comments :